Monday, July 7, 2008

A Day to Remember!


Finally! I arrived in Illinois late last evening and went straight to Shannon and Josh's house to see everyone! Shannon looked great and it was fun to spend time with Lydia, but since it was late, I didn't stay long before heading to my mom's house for the night.
Sunday morning, I felt right at home "visiting" Hope (our old church). While I had lots of friends to see, Lydia was very possessive and didn't want me to leave her side. It really is part of the thrill of being a grandma!

After a lunch at Panera's with Stacey and my mom, we met Shannon for a last minute shopping trip for baby neccesities...diapers, lotions, lots of little items and a diaper bag. It was fun, however halfway through the afternoon, Shannon started experiencing contractions that we thought were false labor. She met Josh to go see a movie and we took Lydia to a toy store that she absolutely loved!
When we finally got back to my mom's house Shannon and Josh were there timing the contractions. Since they seemed to be getting more intense, we decided to let Lydia stay the night with me. Stacey and I ran to the store to get her jammies and all the things she would need for the night...it was so much fun!
It's a good thing we made that decision, because by 11pm, Josh had taken Shannon in to be checked and she was already dialated to 5...so began the anticipation! With all the excitement, Stacey and Shelley decided to spend the night also and so we went to bed with our cell phones by our pillows.
At 1:40pm, we got the call from Josh...a baby boy, only 4lb.12oz. and 16 inches long was here...Shannon and baby were both wonderful...answered prayer!

No comments: