Wednesday, June 3, 2009

School's Out For the Summer...

Well, it's the last week of school here in San Antonio and I've been REALLY busy not only teaching, but packing up my classroom to move to a new room next fall. While I'm excited to have the summer to travel up north to see everyone, a part of me is sad to say goodbye to all my little friends at Encino Park.

There's a lot of special end of the year activities that are really fun. One of them is of course, "Brainy Baseball", which I've been doing for several years, however, I seem to add to it each year. This is a picture of some of my youngest students, but the ones that really get competitive are the third through fifth graders! I do it for the kids, but I have as much fun as they do.

The other special thing we did today was "Read Around the School", where the older kids take their Reading Buddies to hear stories that are being read all around the school by several of the teachers. I was reading a book called "Dear Fish" about a boy who throws bottle with a note into the ocean and is visited by all of the sea life...I read to three large groups and all 180 of them left with a small gift to help them remember this last story of the year.






No comments: