Saturday, June 6, 2009

Exploring the Texas Coast...

We've now lived in Texas for nearly two years and had not yet taken a trip to see the beach. Most people had told us that after seeing California beaches we would be disappointed with the beaches here, but in spite of the differences in the terrain, I loved the beach here!

The biggest surprise was how warm the water was...I'm guessing it was close to 80 degrees! I assume this is because it's the gulf of Mexico, and although the sand is coarser and there was a different variety of sea weed, it still brought back wonderful memories of summer vacations at the beach when my girls were younger. I even collected seashells wishing that Lydia could be with me to share the experience.



This last picture is of a vehicle we saw parked next to a motor home and Larry specifically said he hoped to get one for Father's Day...in his dreams maybe!




2 comments:

Stacey said...

Tell dad I will be working on that gift for him, but it might take a few years! :) Glad you had fun...it is good to know of a place we can go visit next time I am there.

Unknown said...

That looks wonderful! 80 degrees?!? Maybe we can take a trip to the beach next time we're there with you.