Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat Night!

I went back to work on Wednesday this week and it was SO good to get back with the kids! I expected to be tired the first couple of days back, but I seem to have more energy since I've had the surgery than before. The only problem is that I was so prepared prior to leaving, but after having a sub for a week, I'm now really busy bringing all my lesson plans up to date.

Yesterday, our good friend Dan Beasley officially retired from the military. Since I had just missed a week of school, I wasn't able to get off for his decommisioning ceremony. Larry did go and was really impressed not only with the tribute given in Dan's honor, but also with the character of Dan himself. They gave Dan many rewards, but he continually turned it around and praised the men and women who served under him. That's the character of Godliness showing and we're so glad God brought these special friends into our life. Then last night we all met for dinner at La Fonda, where we enjoyed spending the evening with all our friends from our Life Group.

Right now as I write this, trick or treaters are just winding down. We had a lot of kids this evening, and it was really fun! Most of them I know from school and they get really excited when they get to my house. After the first hour and a half, we took Larry's bike through the neighborhood just to see what else was going on. I couldn't believe how decorated our neighborhood was...there was even one court that was blocked off for a "Haunted House"...(not really scary, just fun stuff)!

No comments: