Sunday, October 12, 2008

Change in plans...

We had planned to go on a long bike ride with our good friends, Dan and Joan, but Dan was called in because one of the men in his troops had a child die. When Dan called us late Friday evening, police had the father in the police car under suspition for murder, however the next morning, Dan told us they determined it was SIDS. I feel so badly for the parents, who not only had to go through the loss of a child, but then had to deal with an arrest on top of it...please pray for this couple and also for our friend Dan as he assists the family.

On a happier note, today after church, Larry and I went out to lunch at the only Culver's in San Antonio. I had started missing Culver's last week when I had my third graders draw their favorite meal (we were working with "lines") and I had one of my little girls draw a picture of a Butterburger, fries, soup and milk...all with Culver's logos! Our lunch today was wonderful and even felt a little like home, in fact, when we told the owner how much we enjoyed it, she brought a new Culver's hat out for Larry...it made his day!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

that is cool!! So you can have a little of home in San Antonio. I feel horrible for that family too!

Unknown said...

You are such nerds - too funny! I can't believe you had someone take pictures of you in Culver's. :)