Friday, October 10, 2008

30th Anniversary

Larry and I finally got a chance to go out tonight for our anniversary which was Tuesday, and we went to a fabulous new restaurant! Actually, it's an "old" restaurant called "The Grey Moss Inn" built in 1929 located north of San Antonio in a little out of the way town. It was a nice drive up there and we saw beautiful country we hadn't seen before. I ordered lobster tails, which is my very favorite meal, and Larry had prime rib...it was delicious! Tomorrow we've got a bike trip planned with some friends from our Life Group and it'll be our longest trip yet...eight hours or so.

On another note, last spring I had a kidney stone and so the doctor ordered tests, ...and more tests! I finally got the results back and had to see a surgeon this week who informed me that my calcium levels are sky high. He ran more tests which showed I have a tumor in my parathyroid gland that is pulling calcium from my bones and apparantly has to be removed immediately. They scheduled it for October 22nd and I'm making arrangements to be gone from school for a while...not an easy thing to do! I'm not at all worried though as I know God is in control. In fact, my biggest concern is missing school and my teaching at church. Hopefully, with people praying, I can surprise everyone and have the fastest recovery in history!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

The food looks wonderful...even though I don't think I like Lobster! I am glad you got to get out and celebrate!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, after 50 it is patch, patch, patch! Hope your surgery goes well. Ken and I will be praying for you...for after the surgery that you don't get active too quick for a healthy recovery!