Monday, October 27, 2008

Giving Thanks!

It's been a long week, but I have a lot to be thankful for...first of all, I had my thyroid surgery last Wednesday and the doctor found the tumor to be benign, praise God! The recovery has been much easier than I had anticipated, in fact I was released from the hospital the day following my surgery and other than being more tired than usual, I'm feeling great!

Larry took some time off Thursday and Friday and spent the time working in the yard and planting fall flowers. This fall has been much cooler than usual and we've really been enjoying the backyard and using the new firepit in the evenings.


I feel so blessed by all of the thoughts and prayers on my behalf...this is a picture of the flowers I received from Oak Hills Children's Ministries. Today I also received flowers from everyone at school...I never realized how richly God has blessed us in the relationships we've built in the last year and a half!
One last surprise that just happened tonight...Larry came home from work with a dog he had found out in the street. We're pretty sure it's a family pet because it's recently been clipped, but is missing a collar. I fed him and gave him water and he's spending the night in our yard. I just made up some signs for Larry to post in our neighborhood and we're hoping the owners claim him soon!


2 comments:

Stacey said...

He looks cute! Just think...if you don't find the owner you have a dog!! :)

Anonymous said...

Get rid of it quick before you get attached. Ken