Sunday, September 30, 2007

Baptism in the River


This has been a very busy weekend, which is an answer to prayer, because earlier I was struggling with my decision to postpone my trip to Illinois. Yesterday was our Women's Conference at Oak Hills, and I'm really glad I didn't miss it. We had a fabulous speaker who also happens to be a member of our church. She has an incredible story where she was kidnapped by a mass murderer and lived to tell about it. In fact, he ended up praying with her and giving himself up. He was put to death later, but not before his decision to follow Christ impacted thousands of people. What a miracle...God's leading was so very evident as she told this incredible story!
Just a couple of hours ago, Larry and I were "re" baptised together in the Guadalupe River here in San Antonio. Although we had been baptized years ago, we decided that this symbolized a new start for us in our walk with Christ. It was an incredible experience that we were able to share together.

No comments: