Sunday, September 9, 2007

Ahhh...Sunday!

The best part of my week is always Sunday! Last Wednesday Evening, Max announced his plans to release his newest book, "3:16". It was awesome to hear how God is working to bring a book like this into the world. By the world, I mean that even stores like Walmart and Hallmark are some of his biggest backers. Anyway, tonight we had Joni Eareckson Tada for a special program she is kicking off in San Antonio. I read her book way back in 1976, when I was a brand new Christian and it impacted me so much because of her committment after all she had been through. Getting to meet her tonight was a real blessing...she's a special lady!

Then later we went out for dinner with friends from our Life Group. We went to an Indian Restaurant, where I found out that Indian food is not my favorite! Oh well, the fellowship was wonderful and the time we spend with people is more important than the food!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're having a wonderful time in your new surroundings. Oh Deb! I could have told you that you wouldn't like Indian food (not unless you changed in your basic food preferences since we were roommates!) Bless you, love, Bobbi