Sunday, October 7, 2007

29th Anniversary

Today was our 29th anniversary and we spent most of the weekend celebrating. It began on Friday evening when Larry called to say he wanted to take me out to a restaurant he had discovered. When he hadn't arrived home by 7pm, I started to get worried. He did finally call to tell me his car had been hit by a pick-up truck while he was sitting in traffic. Although he wasn't hurt, his car was pretty banged up...great start to the weekend! Anyway, he made a few phone calls (insurance, etc.) and then we did go out for dinner at La Hacienda. It turned out to be a wonderful restaurant...we sat out on their huge patio listening to guitar music and eating a wonderful sampler platter...the Mexican food was fabulous! A great way to wind down after a stressfull day.


The next morning we drove up to the Hill Country to explore, but not before Larry gave me a gift I absolutely love. It's from the James Avery studio...a sterling silver bracelet with a Bible verse on it..."I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

Tonight we had dinner with friends from Life
Group at their house. It was a weekend to remember!



No comments: