Friday, July 27, 2007

Wow...it has been an AWESOME week. I had been struggling with not being able to be at Hope's Vacation Bible School for some time and last week I spent time praying each day for everyone involved in Illinois, but it wasn't until I called my new church to ask about ways to volunteer that God began showing me that He can use my gifts wherever I am! I've only been at Oak Hills Church for three weeks so I wasn't sure just how I would feel about serving there. I told them I would work wherever they needed me and I ended up leading my own group of kids first through fifth grade...I loved it! Bibletime Marketplace took place each evening 5:45 to 9:15 with prayer and set-up on Monday and the concluding program the last night, so we really only had our kids on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I had 12 kids in my group, but there were over 600 kids in all. Because they have it in the evening, they have just as many men as women, so there are plenty of volunteers! The decor was unbelievable and every person there was in a Bibletime costume, even the babies! (Volunteers were sewing costumes at the church for the previous two weeks). In fact they lock the doors and don't allow anyone who isn't in costume in the building from six to nine o'clock. The rabbi was wonderful and even spoke in Hebrew during Synagogue. It made you really feel like you were living in Galilee during the time of Jesus!



No comments: