Sunday, July 8, 2007

End to a Perfect Day

This week has been so stressful with all the unpacking and errands I've tried to run without knowing my way around town. I did find a Curves and the local Weight Watchers which I will begin tomorrow, but other than that I was surrounded by boxes all week, which left me feeling quite lonely and hopeless. This Sunday we decided to go back and try Oak Hills Church again (Max Lucado's church). I had loved that church but Larry had liked CBC (the one we tried last week). There were some concerns I had about CBC that it was more of a "Seeker" church and didn't have the depth I was looking for. Well, we had just walked through the door when we were invited to a Sunday School class. We agreed we would start there and then go to the service, and am I glad we did. The class was wonderful and we felt so at home there. It turned out that the teacher was a retired golf pro, who Larry recognized. He was sharing an experience he had this week with someone who asked him how to know if you're in the right church, and his answer confirmed my feelings about CBC...Larry's too! Anyway, we loved the class and met lots of people. Then we went to the service and Max came in and sat right in front of us. The worship time was awesome and we both loved the sermon. Then we went to an information session to have some of our questions answered and found out that Oak Hills is now a non-denominational church and their doctrine was in line with what we believe...we signed up for the membership class. We also asked about small groups and found out there was a "Life Group" that met in our area Sunday evenings. I called and we went tonight and loved the people and the teaching. So God has truly answered our prayers for a new family of believers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited you have found a church home! You will make friends easily and God will provide that special friend for you in time. Another new road to walk, it could be exciting!