Sunday, July 22, 2007

Joan's visit


This has been a fabulous week, begining when my sister, Joan arrived late Wednesday night! I took time off from setting up house and we spent the last four days exploring San Antonio. In spite of the rainy days, which people tell me is very unusual for this time of year, we were able to see most of what I had hoped. We all went to dinner Thursday night down on the Riverwalk, and then Friday went to Central Market, which is owned by HEB (Larry's new company). It's a huge market that reminds me of a outdoor street fair offering all kinds of fresh prepared foods, along with a grocery store. They have people preparing delicious recipes and handing out samples. Saturday we went to several of the malls during the day and then went to church on Saturday night. Today was my birthday and the sun seemed to come out for the occasion. We started the day at "The Guenther House" restaurant for brunch and then spent the day exploring the downtown areas...it was wonderful! Then tonight we went to the best Mexican restaurant I've ever been to. It was a great birthday!!!

No comments: