Thursday, July 26, 2007

Old Friends

Even though we've been in San Antonio less than a month, we've REALLY been missing our Illinois friends. Imagine my surprise when I found out a week ago that Marshall and Julie Newhouse were coming to Texas along with their daughter, Bethany! I was thrilled that they could stay with us for a few days before continuing on their Texas vacation. Even though I was busy preparing for VBS at my new church, we still managed to do some fun things together. Julie helped me plan my set up for my "home in Galilee"...it was nice to have her expert advise! We also went to Central Market where we met Larry for lunch one afternoon and I took them by to see my tent for "Bibletime Marketplace". Since Marshall and Julie are almost always involved in the teaching aspect of Hope's VBS, they were very interested in how Oak Hills presented theirs. We had a nice visit in spite of the rain and I'm wondering if I should go into the Bed and Breakfast business... maybe I could convince more people to visit us down here in Texas!

No comments: