Sunday, July 15, 2007

Peek of the Week

An entire week has gone by since my last post and again most of what I have to share is about what happened today. Most of my week is spent at home still unpacking and putting the house in order. We have had people at the house to give us estimates on the changes we want to make so I spend a lot of time waiting for them to show up. We now have a contract to begin the projects, so in about two weeks I'll be up to my ears in construction as we remodel our master bathroom. By Friday, I was feeling rather lonely except for my daily outing to Curves...then came Sunday! We decided to go to the early service even though people had told us the worship was different because there was no instrumental accompaniment (due to their past affiliation with "Church of Christ"). Wow...it was probably the best service we had ever been to! The music was beautiful and SO worshipful! Then Max preached a sermon that I felt lasted about two minutes...I don't think I even blinked! His series is entitled "Coming Home" and he talked about the welcome we will one day receive when we stand before God. He had us form small groups of ten where we held hands and closed in prayer. I didn't want it to end! Then after Sunday School, we went out to lunch with the three couples that lead our class. By the time we left we felt like old friends! It's now almost eleven o'clock and we just got home from our Life Group, so today we had rich fellowship with new friends! I did get a surprise call from my sister, and she is flying in on Wednesday evening, so maybe I'll finally get out to see some of this beautiful city. I'm definately looking forward to a better week!

No comments: