Thursday, August 14, 2008

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!




Yesterday we all took a trip to Madison to go to the zoo. It was baby Joshua's first big outing, although he slept through the entire morning, only waking when it was time to be fed (he's such a compliant child at this age...we hope it lasts)! Lydia loved looking at the animals (and the lizards...her mommy's favorites), as well as playing in the play area. In addition to the merry-go-round, her favorite thing was the giant slide they had there. I didn't realize it until we got inside the big fort, but to ride on the slide you had to climb up through little holes in the structure...a bit difficult for me, but worth the effort to see the smile on her face as we went down...a bit ungracefully I might add!

Then today, I went over to my friend's house for an afternoon of swimming and sunning with old friends. Barbie has a beautiful yard with not only the pool, but it is also a gardeners dream! We all had a wonderful time relaxing by the pool, as well as catching up on all that's going on in our lives. I got a kick out of Barbie's dog, who jumped into the pool to retrieve a ball when it was thrown in!



No comments: