Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Children's Museum

For the last day of their visit, I wanted to take Lydia someplace special so I chose the Children's Museum in New Braunsfels...it was even better than I expected! They had a nursery set up just like in a hospital, which is great because this summer Lydia's family will be welcoming a new baby brother into their home!



Another favorite exhibit was the grocery store, where kids get to shop for food and check out their purchases before they leave. I remember taking my girls to a similiar exhibit at the Denver Children's Museum when they were small and I was surprised at how well Lydia did considering her age.



I think the thing that was most surprising for me was the exhibit where kids got to paint a real car! Because of her age, I didn't let her do a lot of painting (it would have been too messy), but I did let her have a brush with some pink paint and she seemed to really like that! We have had so much fun this week and today was no exception!

No comments: