Thursday, July 16, 2009

Grandkid Time...Officially!

Shannon and Josh are officially gone...heading up to Seattle where they will board a cruise ship and see Alaska. I started out the day as I usually do...vacuuming, only this time I had a little helper!
Even Joshua seemed to enjoy our day together, although I did see more tears than I usually do...I think he was missing his mommy and daddy a bit.

When the kids woke up from their naps, I had set up a traditional San Antonio "Fiesta" party where we served tacos, corn and pears. Lydia wore a crown of flowers as all Fiesta princesses do!

An "ice cream cone" pinata was an appropriate choice for a "Culvers" family...don't you think? Lydia even invited some neighborhood children to join her.








Awww...the rewards of hard work after a pinata is broken open...Aunt Stacey did have to help a bit, although Lydia was quite a hitter! We ended the day with a walk to the park and brownies and custard when we got home. It was the end to a perfect first day with the grandkids!

No comments: