Saturday, April 4, 2009

Race for the Cure

I did something today that I have never done before and I really had a good time. My school formed a team to represent Encino Park in the "Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure" and I joined not really knowing what was involved. We had two groups...the walkers and the runners, and I started with the runners, but finished the race walking. It was downtown and what I was NOT prepared for was the crowds! It was held at the Alamadome and by the time I arrived at 7 am, there was already no parking anywhere! I ended up parking a mile away and running to make it to where we were having pictures taken before the race.


It was a beautiful day and not too hot, and the streets were all blocked off for the runners. I stopped several times to take pictures, but other than that I kept up a pretty good pace. I certainly didn't come in first, but it was fun being involved anyway.



No comments: