Friday, April 17, 2009

Busy Week...

One of the reasons this has been such a busy week is because of all that's going on at Encino Park. Last night was the "Hollywood Hoedown" which was for the third through fifth graders. They've been learning line dancing and this was an opportunity to dress up as their favorite Hollywood star and show off all they had learned. The funny thing was that the teachers only had one practice and we all tried to keep up with the kids...impossible! Kids and parents alike loved it so it may become a new tradition. (I don't have pictures, but if you're wondering what I wore, I was Julie Andrews from "The Sound of Music"...and yes, believe it or not, I did dance!)

Today was the official kick-off of Fiesta, the big annual celebration in San Antonio. We started with a parade of floats made by the first graders and then partied all afternoon. The reason I don't have pictures of the parade, is because I was leading the parade in the EP Eagle costume...what I wouldn't do for these kids!

After I recovered from heat stroke, I visited classrooms and tried to get my strength back by sampling the delicious food parents had brought...it was a fun day and a great start to Fiesta!

No comments: