Sunday, June 8, 2008

Since school was out this last week, Larry invited me to come to a retirement party at his plant for one of his engineers on Friday. It was fun...I got to see Larry in his "work mode". I really wasn't expecting much since it was held at the plant (and how do you make a production line look festive?) but I was really impressed...they all had pitched in and helped with the decorating and planning and it turned out great! It was a Cowboy Barbeque theme and everyone seemed to be having a great time. I was really glad I got to be there!

This afternoon, after church, we headed up toward Austin to do some exploring. We found a little lakeside town with actual pine trees and of course a few cactus mixed in. Then we went into Austin to see the capitol. We ended up at the University of Texas, where we enjoyed a great lunch at a restaurant on the lake.

1 comment:

Ken and Melody Ruge said...

I'm glad You allowed Larry to buy the bike, now you can go places you never thought you would go. Keep the shinny side up.
Ken