Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Weekend

Now that Larry has his own motorcyle, I figured for Father's Day I would outfit us with official riding gear. We went to one of the largest bike shops in the area and bought new helmets and jackets. The shop wasn't what I expected...the girl that helped us was really nice (and normal?) and even though Larry was embarrassed when I asked her to take our picture, she just laughed and said this store was more like a toy store for anybody who liked biking. It was fun!

Today we had plans to ride up to a festival in a small town north of us, but we woke up and found water in our garage due to a broken water heater. So after breakfast at the Magnolia Pancake House (mmm...), we went to Lowe's and purchased a new one. So Father's Day was spent installing the new water heater. I'm just thankful Larry has the ability to do that kind of thing himself...certainly saves time and money!

The rest of the day was spent with Larry watching golf and me feeling kind of melancholy knowing our kids were so far away AND due to the fact that this was the weekend for Tim and Caroline's wedding. When it had first been planned, I had said I would help my good friend Brenda with the wedding, but obviously that didn't happen. Caroline and Shelley became friends 14 years ago when we moved to Rockton. When Pastor Bob and his family came to Hope Free, his son Tim was in middle school and I had no idea that someday Shelley would be in their wedding. It's a good thing that God's in control of this roller coaster called life and all we have to do is hang on for the ride!

2 comments:

Ken and Melody Ruge said...

I think the pic is "cute" Larry. Nice fathers day gift.

Stacey said...

I am glad you enjoyed your trip to the bike shop! I missed you this weekend also!