Wednesday, June 4, 2008

School's Out For the Summer...

Larry took his motorcycle class last weekend so we've been "practicing" by taking rides each evening after work. It's been so much fun heading out on rural roads and seeing country that we haven't seen before. It seems as if you notice more details when you're on a motorcycle...at least I do because I don't have to worry about driving!

Today was my last day of school and it was kind of bittersweet...I'm really going to miss the kids as well as a lot of the friends I've made this year. I ended the year by playing a game I used to play at Rockton Grade School, but I enhanced it a bit. I called it "Brainy Baseball" and made it much more challenging now that I have older students as well as the younger ones I've always had. Everyone had a great time! The picture is of one of my students who gave me the cutest gift...it was a cylander filled with giant gumballs and a note that said "Hope you have a 'ball' this summer!"...we have the most creative moms at Encino Park!

1 comment:

PastorBob said...

Way to go Larry! I should have mentioned to you in the past that I owned a Kawasaki Voyager and they are the lowest center of gravity and lowest seat height around. You'll love it! BTW...it's 1200cc's, not 1500, but it's a water cooled four that will easily go over 100,000. I'm really happy for you man!
Pastor Bob