Saturday, May 24, 2008

Larry's New Toy!

Well, Larry's a happy guy today...he got something he's been wanting for a long time! He's been looking on the internet and talking to people, but everything he looked at was way out of our price range. Friday evening we drove up to New Braunfels to look at a bike that he saw on "Craig's List". It was a beautiful bike for being eleven years old and only had 40,000 miles on it. It was a little out of our price range so he told the guy we would go home and pray about it. Personally, I was glad that it didn't work out because I'm kind of scared of riding a bike in all this traffic, but then this morning the guy called and told Larry he would take less. Larry told him we still didn't have that much money, and the guy told him that when we said we'd pray about it, he decided he wanted us to have it, so he let us have it for less!

Here's Larry with his new Kawasaki Voyager 1500 cc. The nice thing about this bike is that it looks like it was built for Larrry's short legs. It also came with two matching helmets with stereo/voice override communication system, a dustcover and a gel seat for me! I think Larry may be more willing to take me for rides up in the Hill Country now, and I'm going to start praying for God to give me peace about him riding it to work!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! I can't believe I talked to you several times in the last few days and you didn't say anything about this! Stacey told me this afternoon. I'm sure dad (and you) will enjoy it. I've never ridden on a motor cycle before, so I look forward to getting my first ride in November! :)