Tuesday, May 6, 2008

April Showers Brought May Flowers!

In some ways it seems amazing to me that we have already lived here for ten months, and in other ways it seems like it's been longer. We've made so many new friends here that I feel like the ties go deeper than just ten months, but when I think about the people back in Illinois, I find it hard to believe that I've been away so long.

Last weekend, we had our friends, Doug and Patty Gilbert over for dinner. It was a beautiful evening so we ate out on the patio. After dinner we played "Train Dominoes" until almost midnight. It was a lot of fun!

Tonight was the Choir Musical at school...they did a really cute performance called "Music Man Jr.". I love watching kids perform and it brought back memories of when Shannon was a fifth grader and had a solo at Summit Elementary. It reminded me a lot of that...in fact there was a little girl that had the solo and her voice even reminded me of what Shannon sounded like at that age.

Our music teacher, a new friend of mine, is retiring this year and she's really going to be missed...it was kind of an emotional evening for everyone. It'll be interesting to see how things are next year...changes are so hard!

No comments: