Sunday, August 26, 2007

Teaching Sunday School

This morning was my second day teaching kindergarten at Oak Hills Church and I enjoyed being with the kids so much! There were about twenty kindergarteners in my class this morning, and they were so excited because tomorrow is the first day of school in San Antonio. They seem like such babies right now, but by springtime they'll be used to the routine and then they'll seem like big kids!

Tomorrow is my first day teaching at Encino Park Elementary School. This last week was my district orientation, and then three days at the school where we had so many meetings I had trouble getting everything ready for the first day of school. I'm going to be called the "Enrichment Teacher" and I'll take my lessons to each classroom twice a week. I'll be seeing kinder (that's what they call kindergarten!) through fifth grade. I start my routine the very first morning and then have five minutes beween classes. This school is huge with a thousand students, so pray that I don't get lost! The very first day I'm going into Kinder and First as "The Reading Fairy", so I had a fun time explaining that to the teachers! (They actually loved the idea though...Thanks Terri!) I'm excited about being in a new school, although I'm really going to miss RGS!

No comments: