Monday, August 27, 2007

Back to School!

Wow...talk about a busy day! I got to school this morning before 7 am and children started arriving shortly after. I thought the first day was hectic at RGS but that was easy compared to Encino Park where they have a thousand students pre-K through fifth grade! Actually, it went very smoothly for as many people as there were...I was directing children and parents to their classrooms (difficult when I haven't figured out the layout myself!), but by 7:45 everyone was in their places. They had something called "Kleenex and Koffee" set up in the library for parents who had difficulty with the separation on the first day...I was very impressed! My schedule started at 8:30 and other than lunch, I went non-stop all day. I spent 30 minutes in eight different classrooms they have set up on a three week rotation. At the end of six weeks, I will have been in each classroom twice a week. I took in my favorite grade level book to each classroom along with a game to get to know the children...it was very successful and we had lots of fun! Being with the older kids was interesting...I described my Reading Fairy costume to them and they begged me to wear it sometime. I guess there are some things we never outgrow!

No comments: