Monday, August 13, 2007

New Job!

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted any news, but we're in the process of remodeling and there really hasn't been any new news for a while. Well...today there is! Although I filled out applications a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't heard a word from anything that looked promising. I was beginning to wonder what I would do with myself when we finished with the house...I mean, you can only do so much shopping! This morning the calls started coming in. I guess this is the first week back for most administrators in the Northeast School District. My first appointment was at the school only one mile from our house, and I loved both the school and the Principal and Vice Principal. I enjoyed interviewing with them but it sounded as if the only openings were for Special Ed and although I wouldn't mind working with a special needs student, I think I would get bored after a short time (plus they told me all their aides had to do lunch duty). I was honest and told them what I was really looking for was an opportunity to work with a variety of students and teachers, much as I was doing at RGS. I left feeling like it wasn't going to work out. On my way to my next interview, they called on my cell phone and said they loved me and wanted to work something out...not to take another position without talking to them. I had other interviews, one in which when I started to leave offered me a perfect sounding position and wanted me to take it on the spot...I told her I had to pray about it. Anyway, when I got home, there were several messages from the first school so I called her back and they had created a perfect position for me...and I don't even have to do lunch duty! I'll be seeing kindergarten through 5th grade students and I get to come up with activities to support their classroom needs. I couldn't have planned it better myself...that is truly answered prayer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Mom! That's great! I'm so happy that you found a job that fits you. They're lucky to have you!