Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

After being in north Texas for just over two months, we were ready for our first real holiday in our new home...Thanksgiving! Stacey and my mom flew in from Milwalkee and Shelley and Rusty drove up from San Antonio, so we had a house full for a few days but it was wonderful! The dogs had never met each other but warmed up quickly and got along well. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Thanksgiving so much, but I guess that's because I had so much to be Thankful for this year. After all, it was only a short time ago that we didn't know if Larry would have a job at all and then later, if we would ever get our belongings back...puts things in a whole different perspective!

It was all so fun just being together for this holiday! My mom and I made the pies on Wednesday and one of my favorite things was teaching her to use the apple peeler. It took her a while to get the hang of it and it was hysterical to watch her...I just hope I'm as open to learning new things when I'm close to ninety!






Thanksgiving Day arrived and we had fun putting together a scrumptious feast. Larry grilled the turkey on his new backyard grill and it turned out perfectly! Bella tried every trick in the book to bribe just one bite, but in spite of her cute new outfit, Stacey wouldn't give in to her.





























Right after Thanksgiving we took off to explore the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. I had been so busy setting up my new household that I hadn't gotten out much yet, well, other than shopping for household stuff! Anyway, we found LOTS of holiday festivities that were fun to experience...
and we accomplished a lot in a short amount of time!

















The very last night before they left, Stacey and I had tickets to go to the Michael W. Smith concert. He was performing with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra and it was a perfect end to a perfect Thanksgiving!










No comments: