Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Day!

We spent Christmas Eve at Stacey's and it was one of the best Christmas Eves I can remember! We started out the day with breakfast at Machine Shed and then went to see a movie. It was snowing, so it was really "Christmasy"! We then headed over to pick up my mom and had lunch at her place...she really enjoyed showing us off to all her friends. After the Christmas Eve service at Hope, we went back to Stacey's for our Christmas Eve supper and stockings. We did something new this year and played a game to see who would open the next gift. It was much different than other Christmases but I think I liked it better than the way we had done it in the past, so maybe change can be good!



Christmas morning was spent with Shannon and Josh. I was afraid the kids would be exhausted after the two previous days of Christmas with Josh's family, but they seemed to do just fine. They're both at really good ages for celebrations and they seemed to really enjoy the day.






Kids always love getting gifts, but I'm always amazed at how much they enjoy giving them also. Nothing beat seeing Lydia give her mommy and daddy the gift she had made for them!

















I loved the last picture because it showed how both my girls got involved with the American Girl Bitty Twins dolls. I'm not sure who loves those dolls more...the moms or the daughters!
















Christmas was our last night there so Larry decided to cook a standing rib roast for Christmas dinner...it was delicious, but cooking in an apartment kitchen sure made me miss my gourmet kitchen! All in all, it was a great trip and I enjoyed the snow while I was there, but we were both glad to get home to warmer temps, clean cars and nice roads!

No comments: