Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rodeo Time...

This weekend was the finals for the San Antonio Rodeo and we had tickets for Friday night. After school, I met Larry and Shelley and we took off in our best "Rodeo duds" to go play cowboy...it was fun! We had a couple hours to kill before the show and we walked through the exhibits as well as visited the horse barns. My love for horses is still intact and Shelley got me checking to see if the horses felt the same way!

There's something about the opening ceremonies that really brings out the "Texas pride" in me...prayer, the national anthem, and the committment of each cowboy to God before they ride...it's obvious that in Texas, faith and patriotism are alive and well!



My favorite event again this year was the "Mutton Bustin", where little kids compete to see who can stay on a sheep as it runs through the arena...the winner was a six year old girl! I actually had one of my kindergarteners who competed in this event earlier in the week. Apparently, there is such a huge response to event that they now have drawings to determine who gets to compete.



I took this last picture for Larry. His company, HEB, is one of the largest sponsers of the rodeo. This year San Antonio again won the award for "Largest Indoor Rodeo of the year".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks like so much fun! Maybe some year we can schedule our visit around this event. I can't believe you kissed a horse on the lips... yuck!!