Sunday, February 15, 2009

New Addition???

We had an unexpectedly exciting day today! As I arrived home from church after teaching Sunday School, Larry was just leaving on the motorcycle to go look at dogs at Petsmart. He had heard that the Humane Society was going to be there today with dogs needing homes. I jumped on the back and went along for the ride, telling him all the way there how we didn't need a dog right now. As soon as I saw the puppies I knew I was gonna have a hard time, but I kept reminding myself that I didn't have time to come home from work to let a puppy out during the day. There were some darling dachsund puppies that were tiny and some others that were bigger, but then I saw the cutest puppy all alone in a cage. It was older, but obviously still "puppy age". It was the most mellow puppy...very observant, but quiet. Larry asked if we could hold it and that was the beginning of the end. I fell so in love with this dog! They don't know her exact age because she was abandoned on the side of the road in the country, but they're estimating 6 or 7 months old. The foster mother said she's really good natured and gets along with her other dogs and cats. I filled out the paper work today and if all goes well, she sees a vet and gets spayed and receives a microchip for identification and we will have her by next weekend!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

she is so cute!!! I am so excited for you and dad...I just wish I was there to meet her!

Unknown said...

She is adorable - I can see how you fell in love! :)