Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter Weather Warning...San Antonio Style!

Well, winter made an appearance here in San Antonio this week, but it was very short lived. The temps have been down in the 30's each morning and we even had some snow flurries Wednesday evening. It's funny to watch the kids come to school in the mornings...they are so bundled up you'd think we it was 40 below. I guess this is really unusual for San Antonio, in fact the news showed close ups of ice on the leaves like it was miraculous! I'm actually enjoying our short lived winter, but each afternoon it does climb into the 70's, so it still feels warm to me.

I did our Polar Express reading at school today and as usual, the kids loved it. Ever since the movie came out, I hear kids say they like the movie more than the book, which makes me kind of sad, but today my faith was restored when we had mobs of students fighting to get into the room where I was reading. I had 50 Polar Express tickets to give out for each of the four readings, and we had kids practically wrestling to get their tickets...it made me feel like a rock star or something! This is a picture of the set up in the room where I was reading. I love to see the faces of the children as I ring the bell or read the note Santa leaves...there's nothing like the imagination of a child!



1 comment:

Stacey said...

Some snow!! I am glad you are getting a taste of our weather. I am looking forward to the 70 degree weather there (only another week!!!!).