Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hard To Say Goodbye...

This year the holidays, both Thanksgiving and Christmas were the best I can remember. I'm sure it's because all of our kids were able to come to San Antonio and also because we suspect that once Shelley goes to London, it may be a while before we're all together again. At any rate, it was a Christmas I'll remember...

We each recieved some really special gifts...for me it was the portraits Stacey gave us. She got all three of our girls together and went out one snowy night to have portraits taken...they turned out wonderfully and Larry and I were both so surprised! Stacey won the "Pickle" award again this year...I think there's only one year she missed it. Late in the afternoon, we all went to see the new movie, "Marley and Me", which was wonderful (but kinda sad). My mom is so amazing...she kept up with all the activity going on and even stayed up until midnight on Christmas playing "Train Dominoes" with us.
The day after Christmas the weather was beautiful so we took the opportunity to go to Sea World. It was a fun and relaxing day, and a perfect ending to a wonderful visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas (and Thanksgiving) with family. We will MISS YOU on New Year's Eve ... not at all the same without you and Larry!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your holidays were so memorable. As our kids mature, every year changes a little, doesn't it. Happy New Year. I love new beginnings, New Year, Mondays and the first of each month.
Enjoy the good weather. We had -3 with -25 in wind chills when we were in IN and IL. You can only truly enjoy a 70 New Year's day temp when you have experienced below zero!