Friday, October 7, 2011

33 Years...


Today was our 33rd wedding anniversary and while most people go on cruises or trips to Europe, we went to the State Fair! Don't get me wrong...that's exactly what I wanted to do. I love exploring new places and since last year at this time we were recovering from our horrendous move, we've only recently been able to see some of Dallas' more interesting sites. The State Fair is held on the grounds surrounding the Cotton Bowl Stadium and was beautiful. We got there when it first opened and enjoyed being there before the crowds hit. The midway looked fun but we didn't do much because it was EXPENSIVE!


















Food of course is a major part of the fun when you go to the fair and we both had to have a "Fletcher's Corn Dog"...the original corn dog!













Not much impresses Larry these days, but he seemed excited to be at the Cotton Bowl Stadium. When he figured out the Longhorns were there preparing for the Red River Rivalry tomorrow against the Oklahoma University Sooners, I saw his eyes light up! I just had to get a picture of him next to the Longhorn busses!



In some ways it's really hard to believe we've been married 33 years...the time has flown by. It sometime feels like I should still be coming home to three little girls wanting me to get their My Little Ponies out, but then I think of all God has done both in my life and theirs and I get a glimpse of the story God is writing in all of our lives!

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! It doesn't seem possible that you've been marrie for 33 years--in so many ways. I can still picture both of you on horses at "Ranch Camp", looking like you both belonged....astride a horse and to each other. Wish we lived closer!
Love, Bobbi