Saturday, March 20, 2010

Long Awaited Visit...

Spring break arrived with Larry and I preparing to have Shannon, Josh, Lydia, Joshua and Stacey fly down for a ten day vacation. We hadn't seen the grandkids since last summer due to my back surgery in December, so I could hardly wait! Even though Shannon does a great job of keeping up her blog so I can see what the kids are up to, there's nothing like one on one hugs and cuddle time in person! I couldn't wait for bathtime and bedtime that first night...my favorite time of the day!

We definately had LOTS of free play time...I love toys and I think the grandkids appreciate that fact! We also had a neighbor girl who loaned us her bike for the week and Lydia had a great time riding it to the park each evening.














Originally we had planned several outings to do while the kids were here, but when Larry lost his job that all changed. The good thing was that the kids were just as happy "park-hopping", which we did a lot of. They're at that age where they're really easy to keep happy!














I think for me one of the hardest things about living in Texas is missing holiday with the kids, so I cheated just a bit and had an egg hunt on St. Patricks Day! The kids didn't mind a bit and it gave me my Easter fix.











Little things like working in the yard became big adventures with the grandkids along side for the "ride"...


We're hoping and praying that wherever God takes us next will give us more opportunities for sharing in the lives of all our kids!

No comments: