Monday, August 10, 2009

Getting Back in the Swing of Things...

After a wonderful vacation up north, I returned home to San Antonio where I found it was even hotter and dryer than I remembered it. Oh, how I missed the lush green trees and fertile fields, but that was nothing compared to how I missed Lydia and Joshua, as well as Stacey, Shannon and all my friends!

Now that I've been home for a little over a week, I'm beginning to get back in the swing of things. I'm sure getting back to school and having the kids back in my life is what will lift my spirits, but that's still a week away. We did get back to church right away where we had some good news...we now have a building of our own! We started a church plant three months ago and have been meeting at Oak Hills. We have a big outreach event coming up on August 23rd at the AT&T Center where Michael W. Smith will perform. It will be at that event that the community will first hear of our North/Central location and we'll begin holding services in the new facility in September. It's been a stressful experience starting a new church and we're learning to be "FLEXIBLE"!
Our pastor is Rich Ronald, who's been very involved at Oak Hills for some time and I've known him as "The Professor" in Children's Ministries. He's also producing the "Bigger than You" event at the AT&T Center, so right now he's a very busy man!

I snapped this picture of the new building right after the contract was signed. They're already beginning construction to convert it into our new church!





I'm spending the last of my summer vacation doing what I love best...shopping! Last week I drove up to San Marcos...one of the top vacation spots in Texas. It was fun to watch the tourists as well as visit the unique shops available.

No comments: