Monday, September 22, 2008

All Work and (Very Little) Play...

I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up on my blog, but compared to this summer, there really isn't much to write about. For one thing, it seems like all I do is work...I don't mind at all, in fact I enjoy what I do, it's just that it doesn't leave much time for anything else. I've been busy implementing our new Art curriculum and rewriting it to make it "mine"! As always, I love what I do because I enjoy the kids so much.

Teaching at Oak Hills also has been keeping me busy as our numbers keep going up and up...a good thing, but along with growth comes growing pains. Our main Bible Story presenter was the previous Children's Ministry director, but with the numbers being what they are, we had to split the group, so I took on a new role. I love it because it gives me a chance to use the gifts God has blessed me with, but it's just another added responsibility. I started this last weekend and it went really well.

We also had a dinner party at our house Sunday evening and invited the Richters, our new missionary family. It was a lot of work, but fun to get to know everyone a little better. Their youngest daughter, who is three, loved playing with all Lydia's toys that I still keep out (just in case...) Her eight year old sister is into American Girl dolls and I couldn't help think how much of a culture change it's going to be for them when they go to Africa in November!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thot you dropped off the face of the earth. I understand we are busy people. I have been cleaning the "sold" house. Tomorrow I am allowed to get into the new house to clean it too. The bank finally accepted the offer so now we are waiting to hear a closing date. If it closes on Friday I will stick around to help with the unpacking. If not I am on my way south. I actually have work to do there too.
Get some fun this weekend! Don't want you to be a dull girl!