Friday, April 18, 2008

Fiesta Party!

Today was the first day of Fiesta here in San Antonio, and to kick it off, all the schools have "Fiesta Parties"...I loved it!
It all began with the first grade parade of floats. The entire school was surrounded with students, teachers and parents watching as our younger students paraded by with floats they had made at home with their families. I had the "priviledge" of joining their parade as the infamous "Reading Fairy", bringing up the end with the two teachers who are retiring coming along behind me with push brooms...it was hysterical!
After the parade, the students returned to their rooms, where the room moms had set up some unbelievable parties. There was LOTS of fabulous food, as well as crafts such as making cascarades (egg shells filled with confetti that are broken over people's heads during Fiesta).

This last picture I included is of the vegetable gardens. Each class is given a "plot" of land to farm for the year where they grow various vegetables and berries... the kids learn alot and have fun farming. I really love my job at Encino Park, and I had my review this week and it seems they're happy with me too...I think I'll be around for a while!

No comments: