Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving...Texas style!

We had a fabulous Thanksgiving Day, in spite of being so far away from family and old friends. We spent the day with some very special friends in their beautiful home, where they shared not only their hospitality, but also their wonderful family! Becky had prepared the most wonderful dinner and the house was decorated to look like a layout for a Thanksgiving magazine.

Randy's brother, who is a doctor, had just returned from a missions trip to India and brought pictures on his laptop. Wow, that was a totally eye opening experience...really makes you thankful for our country and our culture!


One really nice surprise was that the temperature dropped overnight and today was really cold...for San Antonio, anyway. I think God knew I needed this weather to make me feel less homesick.

We also enjoyed having a two year old for the day...Madison was SO good and kept us entertained with her delightful giggle! It was fun sharing the day with a child close to Lydia's age...makes me anxious for Christmas!
The men spent the afternoon watching football...the Dallas Cowboys, of course! We had some other good friends from our Life Group join us for dessert...it made me realize how thankful I am for the rich friendships God has blessed us with here. His Love and Faithfullness are never ending!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debbie and Larry,

Just wanted to wish you Happy Thanksgiving! Sorry I have not kept in touch. My job has kept me way too busy.

Caroline and I have been busy planning for her wedding. I need your new address so we can send you her "save the date" magnet.
My e-mail address is simple_organizer@yahoo.com.

Please let me know how to reach you.
Thanks,
Brenda